How do Boys prepare for semester exams?
On the evening before the exams, boys would have the itch to go window shopping. On all the other days we would simply be in hostel. But on the day before the exam, we would have to go on an outing.
2) Eat outs
On all the other days, we would eat in the hostel canteen even if we curse and make jokes about the college food. But on the night before the exam, we have to go out and eat dinner. That is a cardinal rule.
The afternoon before the D day should be spent on sleeping.
4) Check the time table
This is a mandatory step that all boys do the day before the exams. Many boys have to look at the time table to have an idea about the name of the subject.
5) Have a debate with friends to know which lecturer took that subject
For some guys, even the name of the subject would not give them a clue on what the subject is all about. If the subject is handled by a lady professor, the class discussions will easily come to their mind
6) Search the entire hostel in search of notes taken by any boy for that subject.
This is a step that the boys adopt after their evening outing is over. If they find the notes, they will then step out for their night dinner.
7) Go to Library and search for books.
Go to the college library to see if any text books are available there, only to realize that we do not even have our library cards with us because the girls have already taken the books using our cards.
8) Go to girls hostel
We go to the girls hostel for good reasons on the night before the exams. We go there to take the notes and photostat the notes from one girl who parts with her notes for 15 minutes
9) Come back to hostel and distribute the copies to the other boys.
- Write chits in case it comes handy during exams.
- Micro Photostat
- Strategy for copying is drafted.
- Watch a movie with a bottle of beer.
- Play cards, Cigarette smoking is a must while playing cards.
- Taking a long ride just to ward off the exam blues.
How do Girls prepare?
- Mug up
- Mug up again
- Study well
- Read through their notes they took in class.
- Read through the notes taken by other girls.
- Read the books they took using their library cards from the library
- Read and mug up the books they took from the library using the library cards of some boys.
- Mug up all that is already mugged up
- Understand and study what is already mugged up