Many things that I did in my childhood had been silly things. I still do many silly things in life. One classic example is writing blog posts without even knowing how this blog post will end.
When I was young our teacher told us "Children you should CREATE history one day". Now a days we are doing the exact opposite of what she told ~ Deleting History.
You might have just deleted your internet history. Your parents, friends might still think that you are clean. But you know who you really are. Even when we delete stuff on internet, some back up is stored somewhere. Today I remembered a lot of things I used to believe when I was a child. Now they indeed look silly; but during those days I seriously believed them.
Things I believed when I was a kid (Read as "I was made to believe)
1) I used to believe that medical practioners (doctors) never die.
2) I was made to believe that if peacock feathers will give birth to baby peacock feathers when they are kept inside a notebook.
3) I used to run around naked inside the house and when someone comes to our house, I would close my eyes thinking that no one could see my nakedness.
4) I used to think that news readers were actually sitting inside the Television. I used to go behind the TV and search for them
5) I was made to believe that if you fart silently while writing exams you will get 100 out of 100. I never got those full marks; but I used to do my part during the exams.
6) I was told that spiderman creates his web using chewing gum. I had the habit of chewing gum and pulling it out of my mouth with hopes of flying like spider man
7) My uncle used to tell me that my parents found me near a dustbin and the name of the dustbin was "Prason". I used to believe that I was named after a trashcan.
8) I used to collect HMT from the Indian One rupee coins with hopes of buying a HMT watch.
9) I thought that babies were born through the belly button. I used to close my belly button with my index finger while sleeping. Later when I realised that only women give birth to babies, my belly button was not disturbed anymore.
10) I was told that evil spirits are scared of the bible. Many a night I used to hug the big oxford dictionary while sleeping thinking that I was actually hugging a bible.
11) I was made to believe that if we sit on top of eggs, the eggs will hatch.
Have you got any such memories? If so share in the comments section in this blog