Remember the train journeys? Many young, single men could relate with this story. Many married men also fall in the same category.
It was the summer of 1999. I was in college. More than 600 miles separated my home and my college and every time I traveled home , I took a train. It is a customary practice for many boys to look at the reservation chart that is pasted outside the compartment.
Why do boys scan this chart ?
The following are the different reasons .
- Boys go through the reservation chart to confirm their seat number.
- Boys go through the reservation chart to memorize the names of all their co passengers to test their memory power
- Boys go through the reservation chart to promote world peace.
- Boys go through the reservation chart to find if there is any terrorist in the compartment
If you had picked any of the above options as the answer to the question, then you have not understood humanism at all.
Boys scan the reservation chart for only one reason - "Girls"
- If a boy sees the name of a girl in the reservation chart, a small smile erupts in his face.
- If the girl is a teenager or in her mid twenties, the smile broadens.
Immediately after seeing the girl's age, a boy will scan for the adjacent seats to find the probability whether the girl is travelling alone or with her folks. Careful primary analysis is done to also find if she is single or married.
- If the girl's seat number is closer to his seat number, his smiling face is accompanied by a slow musical background score in his mind.
- If there are more girls in the compartment, he feels like a king.
The boy would then memorize the name of the girl/girls and will use his memory power to search for the same girls in social networking platforms with the the hopes of making Abdul Kalaam's dream come true.
I have learnt many a lessons from my train journeys. I want to share those lessons here. You can take a leaf out of my experience and you can build a nest out of it and you can even hatch your plans in that nest.
- If there is a girl in the same compartment, she will never have her seat next to yours.
- If the girl is beautiful, she will be accompanied by her strict father who has a big mustache.
- If the girl is extremely beautiful she will be on the phone with her boyfriend throughout the journey.
- There will always be a newly wed couple who will emote public display of affection and will make you go mad.
- Finally when you still attempt to add that girl on facebook, this is what facebook does to you.
Yes, it is an unfair world.
PS : The girl in the picture is some one I met in a train 5 years ago. Her name is Diana Victor. Now don't you dig my friends list on social networking sites with the hope of sending her fraansheep requests. It is still an unfair world indeed.