One might have great language skills, great writing skills, great content, great thought process to run a blog page. But if the blog is not marketed properly, the world will not know about all these skills.Shakespeare did not become popular because of his English. England made him popular. Hence it is every blogger's birthright to market his/her blog. You might be a popular figure in your friends circle. But are you a popular figure in your college/workplace/town/state/country? You can become an international personality in no time, only if you know how to market your blog. You might say," Chriz! You are not an International personality. So Who gave you the right to write on this topic?". If you think that i am not yet an International personality, please check the following three pictures.. Click the pictures for enlarged (better) view.
1)Obama talks from his heart
He might be the President of America. But he remembers his inspiration in this picture
When Sehwag was dimissed in the 290s, his fans were disappointed; but he knew why he got out.
- Print your blog url in your t-shirt and walk around in crowded places. Walking around near IT parks yield better results. (8 % increase in blog readership)
- Stick your blog url in public toilets, dressing room mirrors in shops (28% increase in blog readership)
- Send your blog url as sms to random numbers if you have free sms service. ( % increase varies)
- Add your blog url to your signature and send a bulk mail to everyone on your e-mail list. ( 17 % increase in blog readership)
- Join twitter and keep on tweeting your blog url. (% increase depends on number of followers)
- Write your blog url on a placard and go to cricket matches. (2 % increase )
- Interview chronicwriter and add the interview in your blog (Ain't i cruel?) ( 56 % increase)
- Pay a visit to primary schools and visit every classroom. When the teacher is not looking at you, write your blog url on the black board. (13 % increase)
- Go to a library and open as many popular books as you can and write your blog url on the pages. (6 % increase in traffic)
- Call for a press meet and tell that Sachin Tendulkar is not a Marathi. ( Does not matter, even if people start hating you. Your blog traffic will increase multi folds)
Most of these tips might sound silly and wierd. But when you think crazy and act crazy, the world will notice you. Getting noticed is all that is needed to make your blog popular.