I got this from my cousin, and I could not help but post it in my Blog.
- How to stay awake in meetings
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars?
What about those long and boring conference calls?
Here's a way to change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5" x 5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns - five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
* strategic fit
* core competencies
* best practice
* bottom line
* to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")
* out of the loop
* think outside the box
* fast track
* empower (or empowerment)
* knowledge base
* at the end of the day
* touch base
* client focus(ed)
* game plan
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"
Testimonials from satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
- "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won." - Adam, Atlanta
- "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically." - David, Florida
- "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win." - Dan, New York City
- "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben, Denver
- "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULLSHIT!' for the third time in two hours." - Paul, Cleveland
Enjoy your meetings - Bullshit Bingo