Friday, June 27, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer. Something told her she was going to die of this disease...she was just sure it was fatal. She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding her shoulders. The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with fido.
The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks. Jim took fido for his evening walk faithfully but the dog just drooped, whining and miserable. But finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital.
When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong. She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot. Panic soon gave way to laughter though when Mary realized the problem. She was covered, literally blanketed in every treasure fido owned! While she had slept the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement and back bringing his beloved mistress his favorite things in life. He had covered her with his love. Mary forgot about dying. Instead she and fido began living again, walking further and further together every night.
It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free. Fido? He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his greatest treasure.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
My best budds who made my two years in college an unforgettable event in my life.
L 2 R - Andy,Aby ( The attitude look in blue), Dcruz (The kenyan zizo), Me( with mush and a fractured hand),Joseph ( Alapatt jewellers),Jithu( He never stopped growing) and Varun (Kolkatta knight rider)
I feel old now...
Monday, June 16, 2008
It has been more than three years and still I log in every single day.
I have deleted more than 50k scraps.
I have visited almost 50k profiles.
Orkut still rocks.
The other day, I got an Invite from a friend of mine to join facebook. Experimenting is fun and hence I wanted to experiment with facebook.
The moment I joined facebook, a friend of mine threw a turkey at me.
I am back in orkut.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
My lucky stars were twinkling brighter than the Sun and getting her number was so easy. She gave me her number.. That very same Sunday night, around 11 pm, I gave two rings to that number. But before anyone could pick the phone, I cut the call… Yes It was my first test call…
The next morning I again called her number. Call it my luck, she picked the Phone and said, “Helloooao”. It was the sweetest voice I have ever heard in my life. We talked for almost an hour. Time just flew away. I told her that she has the most beautiful voices around. She giggled and said, " You are lying". I made it clear to her that I spoke from the bottom of my heart. Finally before I hung up, I told her that I wanted to see her. She paused for a moment and said, “Even I wanted to ask the same question to you. I will be going for my German Language classes tomorrow at 10 am. You can see me at that time”. She also told me the place where I was supposed to stand. I would be dressed up in Blue shirt and Blue trousers and She would also be in Blue attire. I had the happiest sleep that night
The next day, I woke up very early and dressed up for the occasion and yes I reached my position at 9 am. I was waiting and waiting and 10 am seemed like an eternal wait. Finally I saw her riding her yellow moped.
My heart just melted. She was an exact replica of Salma Hayek. Her skin was flawless. Her lips were like ripe tomatoes. Penelope Cruz flashed across my eyes for a fraction of a second. She came near me, parked the bike and extended her hands and said, “Hi Chriz… Beulah”...I tried my level best to give my best possible romantic smile. But I failed miserably…
“Should I kiss her extended hand?” But finally the gentleman within me took over and I shook hands with her. Her hands were as soft as a new born baby’s Bum… We talked for the next five minutes. Suddenly she said, “I’ve to go for the classes now. I will call you at 4”
I was eagerly waiting for her call that evening. “Should I ask her out?”… “Will she come out with me?”… I knew I was in love. But “Should I tell it to her?”… Questions kept on circulating my head… And then she called me up… We talked and talked…Just when I was about to ask her out; she asked, “Why don’t we meet up?”… I was very happy. Before I could control my happiness, I asked, “What about a movie this Sunday after Church?”… She readily agreed. I was the happiest human being on Earth.
I waited for Sunday… What happened next? Did I propose her on our date?
-To be concluded
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Yahoo messenger came to my rescue. I logged in with my id, Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout and tried my level best hitting methods, but the success rate was zero percentage as usual.Finally someone seemed to respond
Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout : How is Uncle?
( That was supposed to be a trick. She was a complete stranger to me)
Beulah_ Sam: Do I know you?
Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout: You are Sam Uncle's daughter? and Is he back from the hospital
Beulah_ Sam: Yes . But Dad is alright. Do I know you?Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout : Mom told me that dad had typhoid
( I knew if I could carry this conversation a little bit longer, She could be mine)
Beulah_Sam :I guess you are mistaken. My dad is completely fine
Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout: You are Dr. Sam's Daughter?
( Another lie from my side!)
Beulah_ Sam: Yes
( Now I did not know how to carry this conversation any further.Just then She gave me a glee of hope)
Beulah_ Sam: I guess you have mistaken me for some one else.
Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout:I am confused now
Beulah_ Sam: Ok leave that. Tell me about you
(I was waiting for this moment)
Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout:18/M/Pondicherry. What about you?
Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout: Chennai? I am also in Chennai now for my semester holidays
(I realized that I was showing signs of desperation. I knew I had to slow down)
Beulah_Sam:Oh ok. What do you do?
Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout:I just finished my first year of engineering
Beulah_Sam:Cool. I just got my 12th results. I will also be doing my Engineering
Iamtheguyurdadwarneduabout:That’s good. Which College?
Beulah_Sam: Crescent Engineering College Chennai. Ok time to go. Nice talking with you. byebye
I had a peaceful sleep that Night.Our chat conversations continued everyday for the next three days…
What happened next???
Did I meet Beulah???
-To be continued
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Well I am looking around now. I can see my favorite book. But it is not within arms reach. My bum is still planted on the chair. I am trying my level best to reach the book now. My present pose is very similar to that of a Russian Gymnast suffering from constipation.
Finally I touched the book. Wowie... I am on the floor now. The chair is also lying on the floor. Did I just fall down? I guess so. The name of the Book is " Carnival of Wit" by Leo Rosten.
I am now turning the pages... Page number 123. I found the fifth sentence. Now I gotta post the next three sentences
Mark Twain: He was the Lincoln of Literature - W.D Howells
Positive: Being mistakenat the top of one's voice- Ambrose Bierce
SuperHighway: A prison in motion- Clifton Fadiman
Now I tag five of my blogmates
Now for the acknowledgement part.
I was tagged by May. She is my blogmate for a long time now. She is very regular here and she is the first person to comment on most of my posts. She writes small, simple , funny posts in her Blog.Wish her many many many more blogging years.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Some Kids can knock us down with their intellectual brilliance. Here are some conversations that prove this statement right
Sunday, June 08, 2008
It has been a wonderful ride all along. I have done my best to keep the upward curve intact on all my readers' faces. Keep Smiling.
On this day, I am gonna embark on a journey and tell you the reason behind the existance of this Blog. Join me in my journey down memory lane.
2) Yahoo mail &
3)Google. (Don't ask me, What I used to check in Google)
On that Autumn day in 2003, I accidently searched for some funny read in Google and I came across Jammy's web page.I so much loved his posts, I started reading his posts regularly. He just made me laugh so much. After two months of reading his posts, I finally found out that this particular art is called as blogging. Soon I started hunting for more and more Blogs and I became an ardent Blog-reader. Never it dawned on me that I should also start a blog of my own. I started my first personal and private blog that year which I eventually closed down too.
Sam(Thats her pen name),
Mathi( You leave good and neat comments),
May flower(You are always the first to comment on my Blog),
Akshay(Man your photographs are cool),
Ferrin(Kids are allowed to my blog),
Veena(My cochin memory),
Nirmal(You are funny man),
Sameera(You are the latest edition in my blog life),
illusion( The last punch line of my posts)
and many more regular visitors. You guys have made this Blog travel this far.
Above all, I dedicate this post to my Lord and Savior "Jesus Christ" without whom, my humor nerves would not have worked well.
Hope you guys liked the toast...Enjoy the party
Saturday, June 07, 2008
1) I always tend to smile at people. Most often I end up smiling at strangers. I get back dirty stares most of the time. Sometimes, strangers smile back at me... Nothing can beat that
2) I love waving at kids. Often I end up waving at kids while driving my car
3) I never eat fruits without applying a coat of salt on them
4) I can even sell my car for a bunch of litchis
5) When I was a kid, I used to drink almost 5 litres of water everyday.(No wonder I used to wet my bed). If you ask me my present intake-quantity, my answer would be,"I dont pee in my bed anymore"
6) I am in Love with this girl called Renu. I have never seen her. I don't even know whether she exists. Can anyone find her for me?
Oh well yeah! Now the tagging part... I am not gonna restrict it to 6.. All my blog readers can take this tag
Friday, June 06, 2008
It's been ages since I watched a movie, alone. The last movie I watched alone was "The legend of 1900". It was Musical master piece and I went on to watch that movie a zillion times.
And it happened last night.Just before hitting bed at around 11 p.m., I just checked my dvd collection. I had not watched around 80% of the movies in the collection.One DVD caught my attention. The tag line read,"An incredible journey moving at the speed of sound ". I Could even feel the cd cover talking to me," Oh Chrissy! Come See me"
To sleep or to take a peep into the movie was the question. One more look at the cd cover and I switched ON the T.V. I came back to my bed, kept all my three pillows under my head and started watching the movie.
The story was very simple.
A musician father... (Louiss Connelly)
A musician Mother (Lyla Novacek)
A Bond connected by the Medley of romantic notes
And their orphaned musical prodigy," Evans Taylor", who finds them using his amazing gift of music
Watch this Video clip from the movie
Robin Williams is the Wizard in the movie. By the time the movie ended it was 2 a.m. But I was happy. I had watched one of the best musical screenplays, right down in my bedroom.
A must see for all the music lovers in the world.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Monday, June 02, 2008
And yeah! I do have something,BANG to write about. It is a movie review. A Tamil movie. A Vijayaganth Starrer. The name of the movie is Arasaangam (Central Government). I saw it a week back. Let me not be the only one who suffered because of the movie. So here we Go.
The English in this post is adjusted so that the readers can understand the seriousness involved in the post. It might act as an irritational passage to read. But If you have to understand the hidden agenda in the movie, you have to bear with me..
A bunch of five guys started their journey of their lifetime to witness the 8th wonder of the world.This bunch of IT professionals had to be suitably dressed for the occassion. So they slipped themselves into professional formal attire accompanied by blazers and suitings. They did not stop with that. They even bought a pair of cooling glass each and wore it to give the proper Men in Black look. Yes they were now ready to witness the 8th wonder.
The Venue : Athulya movie Hall
Time : 9.30 P.M.
8TH wonder: Cabdun in the movie" Arasaangam"
Being die hard fans of cabdun, we took pictures standing next to his poster.. The movie starts with the best ever Introduction for Cabdun.. Cabdun sbeags Englis.. Cerdain words dhad are very spezifig only to Cabdun's dongue dwisd (toungue twist)method proved to be a soothening effect for die hard cabdun lovers like me. Click this picture to know captain's designation. Check the spelling...
Pre -Requisites for watching the movie
1) A pair of sun glasses.( we have to be a complete professional while watching cabdun movies)
2) Never watch the movie alone. Always watch the movie with atleast five of your friends.
3) If you watch the movie alone. make sure that you take along a pair of cotton wool with you.. so that you can keep them in your ears while the movie is screened. If some sound escapes into your ears, be sure that someone will help you in taking those cottong pieces and keeping it in your nose.
4) Men are not supposed to take their wife's to the movies.. The chances of the wife falling in love wit cabdun is very high
5) Babies are allowed inside the movie hall ( They should grow up as stronger citizens of the coundry)
1) The Romandic song sequence is the first of its kind in Indian Cinema History. Cabdun lies in the grassfields.. Camera zooms in and we can see cabdun's face and his magnetic eyes are blocked by a black cooling glass. The grass and the leaves move and flay according to the music and cabdun just smiles. Some where in the background( Long-shot), for a very few frames , the heroine is seen running from one end of the screen to the other.
2) A New tegnology called" OBERAZON BRAIN DEAD" is the theme behind the movie.. Usually cabdun is an exbert in fyting bakisdan derrorisds.. But in this movie , he fytes against the super power nations who try to supress our country's growth. Till the climaz, the audience never gets the answer why the operation is called " oberason brain dead".. This is one major reason for the success behind the movie. cabdun being the first reason.
3) cabdun's englis sbeaking sgills has reached an alltime high in this movie... When he says," mizen agomblized", the girls go crazy for his mastery over the language..he chairs a conference in canada and broves to everyone that he is also a very good listener. every one speaks in englis but cabdun never speaks a word. cabdun shows his simblicity in that scene. In another scene cabdun threatens a CANADIAN HARD CORE YO YO and as a result he starts speaking in tamil..
4) cabdun has two heroines in the movie.. Infact he has three heroines in the movie...the heroine is deaf and hence she falls in love with cabdun... CABDUN is a PTC ( POLICE TUTORIAL COMMISSIONER).. In short , he is a criminologist ( cabdun calls himself a GRIMINOLOGIST). But she thinks that he is a pallavan transport corporation driver and marries him.. When she comes to know that our cabdun is not a bus driver, she jumps into wet cement and commits suicide... Cabdun then picks up another girl in canada. This girl is very poor. Though she is a canadian police and speaks very god english, she doesnt have enough money to buy clothes. But cabdun realises her poor condision and emraces her in all the song sequence and covers her body from the audience view.. A true Indian..When he says to his wife," Operazon first and formalidies next", he shows that he is the next eligible man to lead the country.
5) While the audience are left confused with "OPERAZON BRAIN DEAD", our one and only cabdun introduces another operazon " OPerazon Blue thunder".. He even digs out a body from the grave.. does post mortem to the body, finds a bubble gum inside the body and takes it out and finds a IC chip inside it , which when inserted in FLOPPY drive of the computer, opened "Paint brush software" and through that our cabdun was able to decode vital statistic informasion of osama.
6) Cabdun's intellectual sbeech can even melt the villain's heart.. His punch dialogue in the movie is spoken only once. But that one punch was more than enuff to break our glasses. When the villain ties the cabdun with Iron chains and surround him with his gang of gundas ( Every one had an Ak47 in their hands) cabdun lashes out the punch dialogue " You pelieve in prawn bower".... put (BUT).... i pelieve in prain bower.... " We all whisteled to glory when this punch dialogue was spoken.
7) cabdun also changes the social security number of canadian president.... There is no comedian in this movie..As always the heroines are crazy about our cabdun