Being a DAD to a NUT is not an easy job(ask my dad). It requires loads of patience, mental strength(physical strength is not needed with cases like me,cos i'd pee in my pants with one scornful look itself).
I was very shy to say it; but yesterday when i told," happy daddy's day pops", he gave me an expression-less look.He never expected me to utter those words.
The nutty nature in me goes into a pause mode when ever i come across anything that has something to do with a DAD-SON relationship.Tears rolled down my smiling cheeks last night when i pondered over a few thoughts that came across my mind.
I dedicate five thoughts for that calm man who never ever asked me whether I love him or not.
1) The movie," Life is beautiful"- I see a Roberto Ben in my Dad
2) The tears, I saw in his eyes when I lost my leg( God is gracious that I am still walking). That was the first time i saw my dad crying
3) Those days when I used to hold his index finger when we go for our evening walks
4) The hug he gave me when i got a job.(That was the best Hug i had got from anyone)
5) The kid-in- him that comes to life when he plays withhis grandson ( my Nephew),"Jeremy".
Lost in 25 years of thoughts with my eyes welled up and a smile (not the nutty smile).